Today is a big day for “First Dates,” the web series! We are finally showing you live-action footage of the series in our new trailer!
As you may imagine, this is a pretty nerve-racking ordeal for us. Our cast and crew put a lot of hard-working hours into making this. From crafting a plot, editing a script and securing a location in pre-production, to rehearsing, shooting, and editing up until this very day, this has been something that has embodied a lot of work, by a lot of people, who at the end of the day, have no idea whether you will like what they’ve been working on.
Now in my opinion, the series is great…but of course, I’m bias. As the co-creator and executive producer, I feel kind of responsible for whether this succeeds or fails. At this point, I feel like the cast and crew did an excellent job, and the fruits of their labor deserve to be seen by a massive audience. But at the end of the day, you can have some of the best content in the world, and if nobody knows about it, it will never be seen. As the least creative person involved in this project, it’s my job to make sure that somebody sees it.
Of course, I’ll need your help to do that—and we’ll get to that in a second. But first, please take heed of a few things that our amazing cast and crew did to get us to this point where we could show you a trailer:
- 14 Days worth of shooting by the cast and crew
- A director managing over 40 actors
- 20 crew members working picture, sound, lighting, makeup and set management
- Over 100 pages worth of writing & 30+ hours of footage
- 30 hours spent setting up and breaking down a set
- Over 500 different camera positions set up by director of photography
- And so much more!
So to help these folks get their hard work out there, just share & watch the trailer:
- Share however you want: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn & Email
- Watch: First Dates – Web Series Trailer
That’s it! Catch you on the flip-side when we have Episode #1 ready to go!